Robertson & Associates, APC has developed significant expertise in advising clients in the building trades, particularly residential and commercial developers in assessing their risk exposure, including:
- identifying unique exposures on a given project;
- reviewing contracts for assumption of and transfer of risk;
- indemnification, defense and insurance provisions including additional insured issues;
- analyzing available insurance products which best fit the client’s needs, including commercial general liability (CGL), owner controlled insurance program (OCIP), contractor controlled insurance program (CCIP), wrap-up policies, excess and umbrella layers, fronting policies, risk retention pools and self insurance programs;
- interacting and negotiating with underwriters, brokers and claims professionals over initial policy terms and coverage issues after claims have been presented;
- complying with right to repair statutes;
- contract dispute resolution.
The firm advises clients during the policy negotiation stage to address contractual requirements to ensure that adequate insurance coverage is secured for the client to protect against risks inherent in the transaction. Should a claim arise, Robertson & Associates, APC advises and guides clients through the claims stage from tender of the claim to the appropriate insurer(s) to resoution of the claim.